I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spotlight and the Finder

There are two things that bother me about Spotlight in the Finder (I've already submitted these to Apple as feedback):
  1. If I'm in my Documents folder and I start typing in the Spotlight toolbar item, I'll want Spotlight to start searching within my Documents folder, not throughout my whole Mac. If I want to do that, I'll either go into the root directory or search from the menu bar.
  2. Also, when dragging multiple files in a spotlight results window, it is not clear that all the files are being dragged. It looks like only one file is being dragged.

0 comments: