I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Better Desktop Button for Ubuntu


In the bottom left of Ubuntu's bottom bar, there is a Show Desktop button. I never use it, though. If I need to show the desktop I usually just switch to another virtual workspace, so I replaced it with something more useful: a Window Selector menu.

With this Window Selector, all open application windows (including those on other workspaces) appear in this little menu, allowing me to quickly switch to another app without having to search every single workspace for it. Besides, it looks rather nice, as well :)

1 comments:

hrrbrst said...

I'm enligtened, thanks on that... lol