I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Thursday, November 27, 2008

MacBook Delays: An Open Letter to Apple

Here's something I wrote to Apple, and I hope they take it into consideration.

I'm very disappointed that tomorrow it will be a month and a half since the next-gen MacBook's announcements and they still haven't arrived in Brazil. As somebody who works daily with technology, programming, etc, I recognize the power of the Mac and love programming for it, working with it, and using it to its maximum extent.

I was extremely excited to try out the new MacBooks after their announcement on October 14th and figured that it should take about two weeks for the notebooks to get here. Then the two weeks passed, a month passed, and tomorrow, a whole six weeks will have passed and whenever I walk into any of the Apple Authorized Resellers nearby, they tell me that there is no expected date for the new MacBooks' arrival.

Sure, Brazil is still considered an emerging economy, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be stuck with old technology, one that is being sold for $999 in the United States and about $600 more than the previous version here in Brazil.

I sincerely hope that Apple will reconsider the delay that occurs after product releases in locations outside the United States and the European Union. In fact, I wrote about this issue on my blog, which can be read by following this link: http://theunixgeek.blogspot.com/2008/11/one-month-later.html . I also plan on publishing this text so that the problem can become more visible.

0 comments: