I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

It was recently announced by Mark Shuttleworth that Ubuntu 9.04 will be codenamed Jaunty Jackalope. I just wanted to summarize the main goals in the next version of Ubuntu:
  • Ubuntu on over a million devices
  • Faster boot time
  • Integrate web applications with the desktop
More is being planned and more ideas will be shared come the Developer Summit.
Just to note: the jackalope isn't a real animal....

3 comments:

Josh said...

[...] Ubuntu on over a million devices [...]

Ubuntu might have better luck if its goal were to fix a million bugs.

Anonymous said...

And maybe you could help them fix those bugs :-)

jack said...

well how do you run dos?