I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Google Chrome Micro-Review

I downloaded Google Chrome and installed it on Windows Vista Ultimate last night, and here I some things I really liked about the new browser:


  • The preferences window is super-clean, super-easy to follow. Overall, it's a very good implementation.

  • Gmail is sufficiently faster (for obvious reasons)

  • There is no status bar, but when you hover over a link it appears in a little unintrusive blue pop-up at the bottom.

  • It's really interesting how Chrome marks download progress - instead of using a horizontal bar, they use a sliced circle. It's really interesting. Oh, and there's no download window - the progress is kept at the bottom, but you can open a download tab if needed.

0 comments: