I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Exploding Piñata

At first look, the Final Cut Pro suite of apps may seem complicated and hard to use, but after taking another look at it, it's simpler than you think. Yesterday I went to the nearby Apple store and got a little tutorial on using the core Final Cut Pro suite apps. If you've ever wondered how they make the professional-looking explosion effects in movies, for example, they probably use something similar to Final Cut and Motion. During the tutorial I got, I made a little video that shows off the power of these two apps. Here I used the default Motion particles for explosions, so it doesn't look that professional. 




0 comments: