I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Friday, November 23, 2007

A Programmer's Christmas Wishlist

I'm really only starting out with programming, not very advanced, but Christmas is coming in about a month, so I got a few things together that I'd like.....

  1. Core Java, 8th edition (book)
  2. Apress Foundations of GTK+ Development (also a book)
  3. Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X (yet another book)
  4. C Primer Plus
  5. C++ Primer Plus The C++ Programming Language
Yes, I already have The C Programming Language (affectionally known as the K&R due to the authors' initials, so I though that the C++ Programming Language might be a perfect accompaniment.

I've gone onto Amazon to see the first chapter of C++ Primer Plus (try saying that 5 times fast) compared to the C++ Programming Language; I was inspired by a comment. I like the C++ Primer Plus and decided to get the C Primer Plus to accompany it.

Oh, yeah, no interpreted languages for me. I'm not telfully fond of them; perhaps one day I'll get into CGI with Perl or Python, but the web's not where I'm headed for now. Except for Ruby on Rails.... that looks interesting....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The C++ Primer by Lippman, et. al. is a better choice than the C++ Programming Language.

Igor said...

The GTK+ book its really nice, I highly recommend it ;)