I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Friday, November 30, 2007

Learn your code! Geek Websites

I found a neat little website recently: Code Teacher. I'm trying to teach a friend Python and was looking for a nice tutorial for a beginner, and I found codeteacher.com a little more advanced and chose to use the official Python docs. Either way, I recommend it.


Here are a few other nice websites:


Official Python Tutorial


Python 101


Python 201



GeekPedia - like Wikipedia, but... not




The Uta Priss Programming Courses - her tutorials are pretty nice:


Python


Perl


Server-Side Web Languages

2 comments:

MacTipper said...

I'm looking at learning my first programming language. Which would you suggest for programming in Mac? I've heard Java recommended because of OOP. What are Cocoa apps written in? Is it better to learn Java or Cocoa first? I've already done a lot with applescript, I don't know if that carries over or not, but will that help at all?

Any input would be appreciated,
Thanks,
MacTipper
My Mac-Tipping Blog

Marisela said...

Well said.