I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Is Microsoft Killing the Menu Bar?

Windows Vista, along with many other recent Microsoft apps, show signs of Microsoft attempting to drop the menu bar. Take a look at the following screenshots:

Windows Explorer (Vista)














Internet Explorer 7 (Yes, I know you can enable a menu bar if you want to in IE7, but it's not there by default so that doesn't count.)














Office Word 2007















Windows Photo Gallery















Go to Wikipedia or Google Images for Windows DVD Maker, Windows Contacts, and Media Player 11. I think it's getting a bit obvious....

1 comments:

Igor said...

And that's a really bad decision!