I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Friday, October 19, 2007

Why torrents? Pick a server!

I think torrents are too slow. I started downloading Gutsy this morning and I wanted to test the differences between using a torrent and using a server - the torrent went at about 100 kbps while the server went at about 500 kbps.... which do you think is better?

3 comments:

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

I think any linux geek(yes, me too) should use ssh servers and we should have very low-key ways of giving out the ip address and ports, etc.

We should also switch these up as well as well as mac address, just in case "the man" gets onto us.

Anonymous said...

Well,, torrents are cheap. bUT i PREFER RSYNC OR SSH SERVERS