I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

KDE: Friendly for Windows and Mac Switchers


I've found KDE 3 to be very friendly for Windows and Mac switchers. The K Menu very strongly resembles a Start menu, and the taskbar, well, looks like the taskbar. For Mac people, it might be a bit different, although easy to set up. Right-click on the desktop and select "Configure Desktop...", go to Behavior, and check off "Current application's menu bar (Mac OS-style)". Voila! Now, for the Dock. To make the main Panel look like the dock, right-click on the panel, select "Configure Panel..." select a centered screen position and drag the percentage slider down and you have a Mac-y Linux desktop!

0 comments: