I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Java: A New Programming Language Experience

I've tried various programming languages and have had fun with all of them: QBASIC, Python, Visual Basic-like languages, C, C++, and a tad bit of Objective-C. Now, I'm going to try Java. I'm going with Java for several reasons: it's cross-platform, object-oriented, and is also web-based. I'm trying it out with the NetBeans IDE and am following these tutorials. I suggest you also try it out. Enjoy!

By the way, here's an online Java compiler. I don't think it does GUI, though.

1 comments:

AbstractPoint said...

Sweet, Java is my personal favorite. Not because of the language but because of the massive API's available for it. My major hurdle with the language is writing full blown applications because it’s hard to convince someone to download a runtime environment when they don’t know what a runtime environment is. Other than though, I just want to wish you good luck.

P.S. I used the same tutorials for the most part.