I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Cupertino, start your copiers!

I think Apple's going a tad bit too far with mocking Vista. I think that now, Apple's beginng to take some ideas from Vista (and note this - I'm quite a big Apple fan). Here's my list:



  1. Transparencies

  2. Moving Tabs around in Safari (already existed in IE7)

  3. QuickLook with movies and documents - it's already in Vista

That's really all they copied, along with the Dock looking just like the Project Looking Glass dock...


I went into the Apple IRC channel and I asked about these things, along with the question "Is it to ease Windows users to the Mac?" - and they got extremely angry at me, saying that Apple innovated it all and Microsoft just copied it.... I'm disappointed at Apple.

Introducing Vista 2.0.....


digg it

2 comments:

K.Reese said...

Haha, nice. I've been trying to prove that Apple steals ideas for a while now. Moving Tabs around was actually a Firefox idea(actually may have been Opera)before IE stole it so...

Firefox innovated > Microsoft Stole > Apple stole from Microsoft

Funny how most things start in Open source first 'ey, yet we are the Pirates (according to Ballmer).

Thanks for the credit :). I like your blog, keep it up.

Remora said...

Apple routinely takes ideas from open source projects. As k.reese points out, Firefox has had movable tabs for a very very long time.

At least Apple doesn't try to bully open source and linux companies with patent lawsuit threats ala Microsoft and all the commercial linux distributors.