I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Monday, July 16, 2007

Blender 3D and Elephants Dream

Blender 3D is a cross-platform 3D graphics application, where you can create either pictures or movies. I've been using a lot of YouTube videos on The Unix Geek lately, and here's another one. It's called "Elephants Dream." "Elephants Dream" is a project by a group called Orange; it was designed to be the first open movie. We all know of open-source programs. You can get the source code to see how the program works. "Elephants Dream" can be downloaded either in its entirety or as visual source code. It's also called an "open movie" because it uses open-source applications, including Blender and Linux.




0 comments: