I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Today's Old Computer : the Alcyane A6E


This little French computer held a lot of power for 1983. It had 5 MHz of blazing speed (that is, for that time) and was programmable with a B.A.S.I.C.-type language called Alcybase. Alcybase was also the name of the OS included in it. The major capability of the Alcyane that made it a real professional computer, however, was the ability to network 2 to 4 computers to each other. The price tag of 5350F (about $1070) also didn't exactly make it for the home user, but great for networking and a good choice for businesses.

0 comments: