I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Nifty Web Tool

A quick trip to the Google Docs website will show you just how useful it can be. I usually have too much on my hard drive, so just a quick upload onto Google Docs will ensure me more hard drive space and a reliable document backup server. These documents are securely kept, although you may share any of them with another Google user (that is, as long they've registered for a Google account).

Now, many of you have heard about how Microsoft copied so many things from Apple (and I'm sorry, Bill, but some of the features and the look/feel of Windows do resemble the Mac OS quite a bit). But it also seems that Office 2007 was based off of Google Docs.... or did Google copy off of Microsoft? Now a quick trip into the computer world past shows us that Microsoft started its Office 2007 job around mid-2005 to late-2006 (correct me if I'm wrong here) and when Google Docs began, it wasn't even Google Docs! It was Writely, which began, I believe, at around the same time. So, none of them are guilty, so freely use them without having remorse of using a copied product!

ATTENTION SAFARI USERS: GOOGLE DOCS IS NOT YET COMPATIBLE WITH SAFARI.

0 comments: