I have moved my blog to Wordpress at theunixgeek.wordpress.com. I will still be checking back periodically on this one as well, though. 19 April 2009

featured

Merging Mkdir and Cd | 280 Slides Interview | I Switched to KDE 4

clickable portals

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Linux OS?

After exploring WikiBooks (a sister project of Wikipedia), I found an article on basic computing that I'm printing out to give my grandmother who finally got a computer after ** years. Somebody that was trying to contribute to the article called Linux "Linux OS"!

Mac OS I understand, but Linux is a name of its own! It's like Windoze... sorry. Windows. You wouldn't call it "Windows OS" even though it IS an OS. People have to understand that the OS suffix is part of the name, and you can't just randomly add it on.

0 comments: